Our top picks – Food Glorious Food at Taste of Dublin
Food glorious food! That’s what you’ll be singing this weekend if you take a well encouraged trip to the Iveagh Gardens for the latest instalment of Taste of Dublin.
Foodies will be out in force for the four day event (June 16-19) that celebrates Dublin’s vibrant and diverse Dublin culinary scene. There’ll be fiery live demos and Ireland’s leading chefs cooking up a storm in intimate workshops, while delectable dishes from some of Dublin’s most exciting restaurants, as well as restaurants from counties all over the country will tickle those tastebuds!
The theme of the festival this year is homecoming and is set to welcome some leading Irish Chefs, including Anna Haugh, Danni Barry and Simon Lamont.
There’ll be family events like games and interactive shows for the kids at the Family Fun area sponsored by mymilkman.ie, while Medley owner Chef Andrew Rudd is bringing an unforgettable culinary experience with The Crate – where you step inside the life-size crate where you’ll discover some amazing food and drink.
For a taste (pardon the pun!) of what restaurants will feature at this event, here’s a little sample of who’ll be there and if the images of these dishes are anything to go by, you’ll be in for a treat this weekend when you get to sample their food!!
- Farrier and Draper: With an Italian Restaurant on the ground floor of Powerscourt, you’ll be saying Ciao Bella to your dishes at this event!
- Pichet: This trendy restaurant is a modern take on the classic bistro so expect some delicious french cuisine with a Mediterranean twist.
- Saba: This award winning Thai & Vietnamese eatery & cocktail bar will spice up your weekend with some delicious dishes.
- The Green Hen: The Green Hen is a French Bistro offering classic dishes. Make sure you don’t say Bon Voyage to the festival before sampling some of their food!
- The Exchequer: Nationally sourced seasonal produce, consisting of Irish meats, seafood from Irish waters and a dedication to the Irish artisan producer (with a bow to our European neighbours for the odd essential) are at the forefront this gastropubs ethos.
For more information and ticket booking details click here